Air Conditioning Services
When it comes to air conditioning, you don’t want to wait until the peak heat of the summer to make sure your air conditioning system is working properly. Sometimes, your cooling system can decide to work erratically, or stop working entirely. Some of the most common problems with air conditioners include:
- The air conditioner won’t turn on.
- Noises or vibrating during startup or as the air conditioner is running.
- The unit sounds like it’s working, but the fan doesn’t turn on.
- Warm air comes out of the supply registers.
- The fan runs, but the air conditioner’s compressor isn’t working.
- Water is pooling around the air conditioning unit.
There are several reasons why these problems occur. It could be that:
- There’s no power in the air conditioner. This is due to faulty wiring, a tripped circuit breaker, or an overheated air conditioner.
- The fan belt is worn. If you hear a squealing sound, call your local air conditioning repair service.
- Your air conditioning unit could also have a refrigerant leak, which is a sign that your air conditioner is leaking, and losing efficiency.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. When you run your air conditioner all night long, have a low refrigerant level, poor circulation, or a number of other causes, this leads to a frozen evaporator coil. This then makes the air that exits the air conditioning unit warm, which is not a good sign.
- The fan motor is defective. This can prevent the air from circulating in your home.
- The compressor is faulty. This happens when the fan runs, but the air feels warm because the compressor isn’t doing its job. The compressor is one of the most valuable parts of the air conditioner, so typically when this is not working, it’s time for a replacement.
- The condensate drain has a clog. Debris of all kinds can clog the condensate drain over time, which leads to water damage to your air conditioning unit.
If you experience any of the following, call your Coquille air conditioning specialists at RHR Heating LLC today.