Let’s be honest. The idea of your heat going out in the dead of winter sounds like a nightmare no matter where you live. If you suspect potential problems with your heating system, it’s best to jump on them and get them repaired before you regret it later. Some of the most common problems with your heating system can be:
- Cracked heat exchanger. Regular maintenance of your heating system can prevent this problem from occurring.
- A slipped or frayed blower belt. Normal wear and tear with your heating system can cause airflow problems, or overheating.
- A malfunctioning thermostat. A malfunctioning thermostat can lead to problems with the fan or comfort levels in your home.
- Dirty filters. Clogged filters reduce airflow through your heating system, which in turn also reduces the efficiency of your heating system.
- Problems with electric ignition or pilot control. A faulty pilot or ignition makes it difficult to heat your home efficiently.
- A flickering or yellow pilot light. This problem leads to the furnace not performing its main task, heating your home!
- Worn out ball bearings. If your ball bearings are worn, you’ll hear a scraping sound. When this occurs, turn off the furnace immediately.
- Frequent cycling between “on” and “off”. This indicates a clogged filter, improper airflow, or a bad thermostat setting.
- General mechanical problems. This means that when your heating system is making noises it shouldn’t, something is wrong.
If you notice any of these problems, call your local Coquille heating repair specialist at RHR Heating LLC. Our heating contractors know how to deal with virtually any problem with any kind of heating system. Instead of looking for symptoms, we’ll take the symptoms into account and search for the root cause and take care of it. This gives you the peace of mind that your heating system will last for years to come. Call us today.